মাত্রা অনুযায়ী Adjective ৩ প্রকারঃ Positive, Comparative and Superlative.
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives : Forms
Comparative adjectives are forms like colder, more famous.
Superlative adjectives are forms like coldest, most famous.
- most short (one-syllable) adjectives: + -er, -est old → older, oldest
- short adjectives ending in -e: + -r, -st nice → nicer, nicest
- short adjectives ending in one vowel + one consonant:
double consonant + –er, -est fat → fatter, fattest
thin → thinner, thinnest
BUT don’t double w: low → lower, lowest
Rule – 3
- two-syllable adjectives ending in -y : y → i + -er, -est
happy → happier, happiest
Rule – 4
- most other longer adjectives : + more, most
hopeful → more hopeful, most hopeful
Rule – 5
- List of irregular adjectives:
good → better, best
bad → worse, worst
far → further, farthest OR farther, farthest
old → older, oldest OR elder, eldest (people in a family)
well (healthy) → better, best